Spring is nearly upon us! Here is our list of jobs that need tackling in your garden this month.
1. It's time to apply lawn fertiliser to stimulate new growth and also get rid of those weeds. We offer lawn treatments through our partnership with Pimp My Lawn, so if your lawn is looking a little sad and weedy, email us to book your treatment.
2. Fertilise your trees and shrubs with either sheep pellets or long term controlled release fertiliser granules. Great to do this just before it rains heavily, so the water helps dissolves the nutrients into the soil.
3. It is still rose planting and pruning time. Here is Toni, our rose expert, pruning and staking some older plants in Devonport this time last year.
4. Prepare vegetable patches with lots of organic matter, compost, blood and bone and lime ready for spring planting.
5. Plant strawberries, rhubarb, new citrus, fruit trees and veggie seedlings! It's been wet so a handful of slug pellets will help protect those new plants.
6. If you have indoor plants, hanging baskets or patio pots - give them a tidy & feed and repot into a larger container if they are looking squashed.
Let us turn your garden of need into a "Garden of Eden". Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to book a time for our gardeners to care for and tidy your garden this month.