It's all about making the right choices for your garden, but it's just as important to know what doesn't work. Check out your garden for any of these sins of the soil!
1. Planting trees and large shrubs too close to your house. You are asking for an arborist's or builders bill somewhere down the track. Check how big the tree will get at maturity. Unless you live on a lifestyle block, be cautious planting any tree in a smaller sized garden. Big trees in small gardens just don't work.
2. Weed mat - it destroys soil structure, compacts the soil so air and water can't penetrate and over time doesn't stop weeds anyway.
3. Planting too many plant varieties. Heard the saying "less is more"? It applies to gardens too. It is well worth getting some expert advice and having a planting plan, so you don't get carried away.
4. Cheap, solar, spiked in the ground garden lights.... need I say more.
5. Not paying attention to that expensive ready lawn you laid. You will need to get it treated and sprayed regularly to stop weeds invading.
6. Choosing a garden style that doesn't suit your lifestyle. If you are thinking of looking after the garden yourself, just make sure that you have the time and the inclination. This is a good conversation to have when you plan the garden or consider buying a house with a high maintenance garden to.
We can help you remove that huge tree, remove the weed mat and nurture your soil back to health, plan a perfect garden for you, treat your lawn or help maintain the high maintenance garden you have. Call us on 021 549 161 to start the process.